Pages

Monday 26 May 2014

Ladies, Be Careful Of The Guys You Go Out With | Read This By Chidiadi Madumere.

Ladies, Be Careful Of The Guys You Go Out With | Read This By Chidiadi Madumere.

Browsing through a partner’s private correspondence raises a whole lot of disputes. Some would contend that it shows the lack of confidence, ingenuousness, distrust and the inventory is endless.

Sometimes I cannot help but speculate. ‘Why can’t I go through HIS phone?’ ‘Am not being jealous, I just want to watch his pictures, see who’s chatting him up, not necessarily snooping.’ Am just being concerned or shouldn’t it be my concern?

Whoever said it’s unacceptable to pore over a partner’s chat is certainly having a ball at Gatsby’s.

There is this fellow I was anticipating would ask me out. I was on transit and I required hedge funds for a small startup, so I pitched him the idea and he proposed we meet up and discuss partnering.

I spent time in his workplace against my initial plan of leaving that day and consequently he had to make reservations for me. We had dinner and he conveyed me back to where I was putting up for the night. I invited him in because he made a performance of just dropping me off and leaving.

I occasionally found him chatting away on his phone. I harassed him, asking him if he was chatting with his grandma.

He made a prevalent mistake. Mistake of his life!!! He gave me his phone to confirm that he wasn’t chatting with any grandma, even went ahead to give me the permission to scrutinize his phone. I bet he didn’t know…nobody told him girls don’t read BBM anymore. We go straight to Whats App, they barely delete those, their’ attention seldom go there. As long as these guys have cleared their chin wags and text messages they are fine. Typically, I found a very interesting rap session, he had with his friend. Thing is, you will always unearth what you’re looking for, it’s only what you do with it that matters.
This ‘actual’ friend was in his office with me all day, acting all friendly and I just couldn’t believe my eyes as his shocking words slapped me from the screen.

    My friend: This room is too expensive oh.
    His friend: Lol…yes oh! Hope say she no go talk say she dey her period oh.
    My friend: Na so dem dey talk. Now she say she wan eat burger. See my life?
    His friend: hahahahahaha. Better fuck am oh. That girl too fine to just leave like that.
    My friend: No I go finger am this night, then leave am. Tonia(his actual girlfriend) dey on board.
    His friend: Love in the air. She think say you dey emotionally available. She never see anything.

You can close your mouth now. Need I tell you my heart was pounding so steadfastly, He could almost hear it.

I was clearly humiliated at the exchanges between this two. A squint at the sucker I knew I’d never want to set my eyes on his horrid face ever again.

Should you or shouldn’t you read your partner’s chats. It’s really your prerogative but for me its HELL YES!!!.

Pronto, do you think you still have that Private Investigator in you or do you think it is a little too sneaky?

*CHIDIADI MADUMERE is a young and brilliant writer who has high aspirations and writes screenplays and stories which are widely acknowledged by professionals. She is one to look out for and  CND  predicts that she will surely go places. We are proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment