Pages

Monday 26 May 2014

Saif Ali Khan - 'when I’m with Kareena I don’t have to look at another woman'

Saif Ali Khan - 'when I’m with Kareena I don’t have to look at another woman'

Indian film actor and producer, Saif Ali Khan who has established himself as one of the most popular actors of Indian cinema, in a recent interview with Ahmedabad Mirror thanks his mother Sharmila Tagore for pushing him to marry Bollywood superstar actress, Kareena Kapoor Khan and talks about his children, and how Sajid Khan’s film, Humshakals can change his career. Read excerpts below:
On his wife, Kareena Kapoor: (Smiles) There’s lots happening in our respective lives and we give each other the space we need. We've learnt to celebrate our differences even in little things like watching a movie or a TV show just because she likes it. Being with her is fun and relaxing. I miss her when she’s gone.

On his sister Soha and her partner Kunal Khemu: It’s ridiculous to tell people to get married. Once you do, the stress begins and divorces are common. If there’s any doubt don’t do it. But I’m thankful to my mother for pushing me to get married. She told me Kareena was the right choice as she has her own life. She’s a beautiful woman, when I’m with her I don’t have to look at another woman!

On extending his family: It’ll happen but it’s not a priority. Right now we’re enjoying being together. Babies change your life. Moreover with all the responsibilities, we hardly get time to even look after our doggy (Chuckles).

On his daughter Sara getting into the movies: Movies are amazing but there’s a price to pay-- choices can go wrong and then the cruelty of someone younger and better looking coming along. Yes, the money is great but you want stability for those you love. Right now, Sara is educating herself. She is a non-judgemental, frugal girl. At the University she had to move to a different dorm and she did all her packing herself to save on $100 dollars, then was smart enough to pretend she was fourmonth pregnant so she didn’t have to carry the luggage (Laughs). I would have given her the money but she’s very controlled, even with her phone bills.

On his son Ibrahim being another him (Saif): He’s far better, just a teenager who’s not academically inclined. Sara is extraordinary. She partied till 5am at our wedding, and then went to school at 7 am.

On Sajid Khan’s upcoming comedy film, Humshakals: As an actor I had to challenge myself by coming out of my comfort zone. I’m good with classy rom-coms like Happy Endings. So, I thought why not enter Sajid’s world and let him change the destiny of my career. His Housefulls and Hey Babyy were more successful than my Cocktail. Humshakals is far more commercially sensible than a Go Goa Gone or a Being Cyrus.


Sajid also made a Himmatwala... And I made a Bullett Raja. It was fun to play this dabbang character of the underworld, when everyone wanted to be urban and multiplex-oriented. But not everyone liked this Raja. I guess it was the same with Sajid and Himmatwala. (Grins). He’s become more humble now, which is good because you can’t go around saying your film will make Rs 100 or Rs 200 crore. But as a director Sajid wants numbers. He has put everything into this screenplay. It’s EON, Everything or Nothing. EON Productions made the first Bond film, a superhit franchise today. We saw the film yesterday and Ibrahim was in splits! Though certain parts are plain absurd-- like turning into a dog after drinking a magic portion and running all over London. It’s easy to mess up a scene like that. It’s like, if you get a death scene right, you’re Amitabh Bachchan of Sholay, if you don’t, you get killed. I’m happy with what I saw. You can’t get more commercial but Humshakals was exhausting because everything had to be played out differently. After this any other film will seem like a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment